Our Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficiency and accuracy in the Southern Community Services (SCS) office. While the job comes with a wide variety of tasks, this person will be the first contact with the end user, providing answers and helpful information to homeowners via multiple communication platforms.
This position comes with opportunities for personal growth and business development on a variety of levels. As a crucial member of the SCS team, the customer service representative will expand their knowledge of the industry while sharpening key skills associated with homeowner’s association management.
Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Company Name: Southern Community Services
Industry: Homeowners Association Management
Entry Level: No
Location(s): Various locations in South Carolina
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Bachelor’s preferred
Min Experience: 2-3 years
Required Travel: Limited
Salary: Based on experience
Founded in 2000, Southern Community Services specializes in the management of more than 180 homeowner associations across the Carolinas and beyond, with a longstanding reputation as the leader in its industry. Staffed with accredited professionals who work diligently to accommodate the unique needs of each community, SCS provides turnkey solutions, state-of-the-art technology and decades of association management experience to boards, with senior-level involvement in every aspect of the business.
- Work with Community Manager to develop initial goals and priority issues
- Monitor expenses of SCS
- Work with Finance Committee to handle collections residents’ of fees and assessments
- Answer all phone calls, emails and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Streamline inquiries to upper level management when necessary
- Provide and compile information for newsletters and other community correspondence
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Protect the confidential nature of the work as appropriate
- Stay informed of new trends and innovations in community management through professional organizations, such as CAI trade shows, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to visitors, residents, renters, guests and staff
- Work with architectural department to ensure all requests are handled in a timely manner
- Work with account manager on fees associated with homeowner violations
- Support activities of committees by attending regular meetings
- Communicate with vendors
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail
- Available to work occasional weekends and/or participate in evening meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills for this position include but are not limited to:
- 2-3 years of reception, administrative or related experience
- Remarkable client interaction
- Experience in working with computers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn and work with new programs and technology
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task
- Technologically oriented
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strategic planning capabilities
While we prefer the candidate possess a Bachelor’s degree, it is not necessary. We do, however, require 2-3 years of successful experience in the administrative or related field.
Full benefit package, 401(k) package, paid time off.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Mary Helen Settle at msettle@TrustSCS.com. No phone calls, please.