Job Summary: This non-exempt position performs as a key member of our financial team providing analysis of client financials. The Senior Staff Accountant has a designated client list and is fully responsible for the preparation and presentation of their clients monthly reporting. The role will partner with team members from other departments to drive continuous improvement across the Company. The right candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, self-manage and demonstrate high energy and a positive attitude.
Department: Columbia Corporate Office/Administrative Division
Reports to: CFO
- Prepare, analyze, and compile summary of the Financial Reporting packages for designated client list while maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Manage monthly closing process for designated client list including reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet accounts.
- Attend Board and Committee meetings as appropriate as a representative of the Southern Community Team providing positive, transparent communications.
- Complete daily bank reconciliation processing in rotation with other accounting staff
- Resolve reconciling bank items from both daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate with bank regarding secure transactions.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls in compliance with financial operations and reporting.
- Update management on key issues and improve communications across functional areas.
- Utilize on-line operating systems (Strongroom, Paylease, Union Bank) as well as hosted operating systems (Jenark) essential for day-to-day tasks of operations staff.
- Provide guidance, training, and communications to Association Managers as well as Board and Committee Members to create a consistent, transparent financial picture.
- Protect the confidential nature of the work as appropriate.
- Stay informed of new trends and innovations in community management through professional organizations, such as CAI trade shows, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in general ledger accounting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize complex issues and complete follow up tasks efficiently
- Ability to present financial summary to Boards and Committees in a concise manner
- Strong computer competence including formatting templates and uutilizing multiple systems
- Ability to perform as a team member in the completion of a variety of tasks aimed at keeping our Association clients informed in a timely and accurate manner
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Mary Helen Settle at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.